Self-care, the concept of consciously tending to one’s own well-being is the perfect solution to combat stress, unhappiness and negative emotions that come from day-to-day life.
You don't necessarily have to be sad or in a bad mood to indulge in a little "me time", it can help maintain your good mood too!
Self-care is no trend, it's an old school proven tactic.
Did you know that the first mentions of self-care go back as far as ancient Egyptians? They used specific oils, similar to today's essential oils, to improve moods and heal disorders.
6 Urban Hydration Approved Self-Care Ideas:
- Skin Regimen - Develop a skin care routine, it can be a nice way to relax, take off the day and improve your skin. Our Micellar Waters tighten the pores, and help nourish, refresh, and brighten the skin's complexion thanks to Vitamin C, A, magnesium, and potassium. Remove makeup and naturally brighten and exfoliate your skin. SHOP
- Face Masks - Enjoy this skincare treatment that will help you with mostly all of your skin care concerns. Our NEW Face Masks can help hydrate skin, remove excess oil, pull out impurities and give you a healthy glow. SHOP
- Salt Soaks - Relax and de-stress in a warm tub, melt away the days worries and pressure. Our Bath Salts contain healing and detoxifing properties that leave your skin feeling softer and your body feeling rejuvenated. SHOP
- Deep Conditioning - Indulge in a little self care for your hair with a nice purifying deep condition. Add another element of relaxation by sitting under a dryer for 30 - 45 mins while you let your hair soak in your conditioner. SHOP
- Clean Your Living Space - As tedious as cleaning is, it is a proven way to help alleviate stress and there is nothing more satisfying than sitting in a clean and orderly home. Luckily, we offer toxic-free all natural Home Cleaning supplies, so you can safely clean green. SHOP
- Social Media Cleanse - In a world where we #DoItForTheGram it is extremely important to spend time in your actual reality. Give Instagram, Facebook and Twitter a break for a few days. Benefits from a Social Media cleanse included sleeping better, reduce anxiety, reduced FOMO (fear of missing out) and a clearer mind. When you've finished your cleanse, be sure to follow us on Instagram and stay up to date on all things Urban Hydration.