High Porosity Hair: Characteristics and Tips for Care
High porosity hair can quickly absorb moisture, but it also loses the moisture easily. Moisture retention in high porosity hair is low, which means that this type of hair is prone to dryness, tangling, and frizz if not taken care of properly.
Characteristics of high porosity hair:
- Rapid moisture absorption: High porosity hair absorbs moisture from the environment and hair products very easily.
- Quick loss of moisture: Due to lifted or damaged cuticles, high porosity hair struggles to retain moisture, thus leading to rapid dryness and frizz
- Prone to damage: The lifted cuticles of the hair make it more prone to heat damage and damage from chemical treatments
- Deep Conditioning: Deep conditioning for high porosity hair is key to ensure moisture retention. The Jamaican Castor Oil Conditioner is perfect for deep conditioning and moisture retention in high porosity hair
- Moisturizing shampoos and conditioners: Sulfate-free, nourishing shampoos and conditioners is what high porosity hair needs to maintain proper moisture retention. The Jamaican Castor Oil Shampoo and Conditioner repairs the hair and gives it the moisture it needs for proper hydration and feel.
- Avoid heat damage: Heat damage will only damage the hair strand more. Avoid using straighteners and curling irons regularly to prevent further damage to the hair. If you do need to use heat styling tools, be sure to use a heat protectant spray on the hair before and use the tools at the lowest heat setting for minimized damage.