A new year brings the opportunity to make life changes. Everyone has had their fair share of broken New Year’s Resolutions, with 365 days in a year a slip up is bound to happen. The secret to an achievable resolution is to be realistic!
Turn 2019 into the best year yet with the following tips.
- Reflect on last year. When you reflect on the past it can help you make better choices about your present and future.
- Write down your goals. Putting pen to paper (fingers to a keyboard) is the first step to bringing your thoughts alive. Use a journal, calendar or planner to make your goals visible and refer to it often.
- Think past January. The first 31 days of the new year create so much pressure and often result in broken resolutions. Set your goals to be reached later in the year, if your goals are worth it, they will take much longer than 31 days.
- Breakdown the BIG goal. A big goal becomes more feasible when broken down into smaller chunks. For example, if you want to save $5,000 in 12 months, save $13.86 a day. That small daily goal will make it easier to reach your BIG goal.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. If your resolutions are big, like changing bad habits or perfecting a new craft, chances are you will need some support from friends and family. Share your goals with people you trust and get the help you need.
- Don’t be to hard on yourself. Anything worth having is worth fighting for. Don’t give up on yourself completely if you have 1 or 2 slip-ups. Keep the end goal in mind and recover from your mistakes.
Happy New Year!
May this year be full of LUHV and attainable resolutions.