Skincare Safety in the Summer
In summer, we’re usually spending more time in the sun. However, it’s very important to get enough protection before exposure to the sun. Remember: sunscreen is actually the least protective form of sun protection.
Below are some tips to protect yourself from the sun’s powerful rays.
- Wear protective clothing, such as wide-brimmed hats, bandanas and long sleeves
- Cover your head, neck, ears, shoulders and chest. These areas are very delicate.
- Try to avoid peak hours, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Stay in the shade
- Reapply sunscreen every 1 to 2 hours, and make sure it's at least SPF 30
- Look at the ingredients in sunscreen (use zinc oxide and titanium dioxide sunscreens, and at least 5% is best). For kids, zinc and titanium are probably the safest because they don’t have chemical sunscreen ingredients
If you're worried about wrinkles, then try to get the least amount of UV radiation during peak hours, and if you are outside wear clothing, hats and sunscreen.