Sticking to New Year’s Resolutions: Skincare and Haircare Edition
Sometimes it gets hard to stick to a routine or a goal, especially when they are long term goals that seem redundant every day. Here are some of our tips on how to stick to your 2023 skincare and haircare routines.
- Create a routine that works for you
- Doing a complete, 10 step skincare or haircare routine every day is not the easiest, especially on the days we have a busier schedule. When making your routine, keep in mind your schedule and what days are typically busier than others. For example, for your skincare, keep your daytime and nighttime routine simple, with a face wash, toner, and moisturizer. Then, once a week on less busy days, show your skin some extra care with products like face masks.
- Make self-care a priority
- With busy schedules, we tend to give less priority to our skincare and haircare routine. Prioritizing your skincare and haircare will make sure that you not only set aside time for yourself every day, but also give you something to look forward to every day. Prioritizing some form of self-care everyday will make sure that you give yourself the love and care you need to accomplish everything else on your daily to-do list.
- Find your “why”
- What are your skincare/haircare goals this year? Why do you want to create a skincare/haircare routine in the first place? Knowing your “why” to a proper skincare routine will help you stay on track and stick to your routine as you work towards those skincare/haircare goals.
Have any other suggestions/tips that you use to help you stick to your skincare/haircare routines? Let us know below!