As a family with curly, coily hair, we needed styles that can look fresh and stay in place both after a long day of work and play. My husband, Vontoba, and I created Urban Hydration's plant-based products that work for everyone. My daughter and I decided to use some of our favorite ingredients from Urban Hydration's collections that worked best for our hair, and from there Breath of Fresh Hair was born. We are so excited to have a natural collection made for 4c girls with curly hair like ours. Feel and fall in love with our natural products from a mom & daughter who get it.
- Psyche Terry, Founder Urban Hydration
Our gentle, sulfate-free shampoo is infused with natural plant oils and extracts, which are then combined with veggie glycerin to help pull moisture deep into hair strands, helping keep hair hydrated and healthy. Avocado Oil and Almond Oil work together to cleanse hair while combatting knots and tangles to leave your hair soft and silky. Argan Oil helps tame frizz and prevent breakage to promote healthy hair growth. This line is especially safe for natural, relaxed, and color treated hair.
- Water: Acts as a solvent for the other ingredients in the shampoo
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine: A mild ingredient that allows the shampoo to lather. Betaine is a natural ingredient that is derived from sugar beets.
- Sodium Cocoamphoacetate: A natural based surfactant made from the fatty acids of coconut oil. It boosts foam and gently cleanses the hair
- Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate: a plant-based surfactant that is used as a foaming and cleansing agent in shampoos
- Glycerin: A natural humectant that attracts and retains moisture in your hair
- PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate: Thickening agent for the product and helps dissolve oil and dirt in the scalp and hair.
- Hydrolyzed Corn Starch: Moisturizes and conditions the scalp and hair
- Fructooligosaccharides: Oligosaccharides that are naturally found in plants and helps prevent frizz and hair breakage
- Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine: a gentle surfactant great for conditioning hair
- Caprylyl Glycol: A conditioning agent for the scalp and hair
- Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract: promotes softness and volume in hair
- Honey extract: Works to repair the hair shaft, restore shine for dry, curly, or dull hair.
- Citric acid: helps lower the pH of products and keep hair at a healthy pH.
- Cocamide methyl MEA: thickens the product to cleanse and revive lifeless hair
- Ethylhexylglycerin: used as a safe preservative in products
- Cocoglycerides: A natural emulsifier that works as a thickening agent in cosmetics
- Tetrasodium glutamate Diacetate: works as a stabilizer to prevent discoloration of products
- Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine: a surfactant derived from coconut oil that boosts foam and
- Tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E): Supports a healthy scalp and assists with hair growth
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond oil): softens the hair and moisturizes the scalp
- Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil: Fights dandruff and frizz, protects hair from damage, and adds shine
- Persea Gratissima (Avocado) oil: Moisturizes, repairs, and strengthens your hair
- Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A): Aids in hair growth and keeps your scalp moisturized.